Imagine3Girls Etsy Store

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bohemian Roses Wrapped Around My Heart


This bracelet and earrings are another example of reusing and rebeading with jewelry you may have that is not functional or has broken parts with beads that are still useful.

I had a "memory wire" bracelet I bought back in Missoula, MT at the University of Montana in the University Center, from when they were having an artisan/craft show there.  

 The bracelet had all shapes of blue and white in it, but the wire was very irritating to my wrist after a while.  So I knew what to do!  Reuse the beads!  I also pulled the silver rose beads for the bracelet and earrings from this bracelet.  I shined the silver beads up with some tarter control toothepaste.  I was careful not to rub the antique black stain off the beads.

I also had some earrings with black carved floral beads from a pair of earrings that I had made years and years ago when I had no idea what I was doing.  The earrings were awful, so I took them apart and reused them in this ensemble.

The blue beads are a saphire glass color in two different shapes.  I really do need to learn the shapes of beads so I can talk the talk! 

The last set of black beads are kind of a wonky shape and break up the roundness of all the beads.  The spacer beads are large seed beads and I also used the familiar UFO-shaped silver engraved beads for some sparkle.  I added a silver toggle clasp and

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails