Imagine3Girls Etsy Store

Friday, October 16, 2009

Fashion and Scrapbook Layout Design; One in the Same?



I have this great Calvin Klein t-shirt which I bought marked down at Dillard's.  It is a dark, cool, red t-shirt with a tattered collar.  Then it has stamped flourishes, butterflies, and a crown in black with Roman numerals and retro numbers on it.  Then it has a silver distress inking look over those designs.  It looks just like a grungy scrapbook layout!

I just had to make a bracelet to match.  I decided to use a pearly bead wrapped in silver wire as the middle piece with two large, red sentry beads on either side.  I used some red-painted, abstract-shaped, clear glass beads, which I am still skeptical about.  I am afraid that the paint will wear off of them!  I didn't realize that until I had made the bracelet!
I used some metal beads that had black glass infused in them as well as some black crystal beads and some bronze painted, black, multi-faceted beads.  I used spacer beads that look like wrapped, coil wire.  The piece was finished with a silver toggle clasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails