Imagine3Girls Etsy Store

Friday, October 16, 2009

Just When You Thought Napkin Rings Had One Use!


I used to work at ShopKo in Missoula, MT in the domestics department.  I noticed some of the napkin rings on clearance that had some stringed cork (beads) on them.  The napkin rings where ghastly as a whole. They came in neutral, green and red colors.  They had a nice organic, natural-dyed look to them.  So Bead Bum and I bought some as we saw potential in them.

Bead Bum has taught me over the years to look for jewelry making findings in unusual places.   We took them home and dismantled the napkin rings.

In this pair of earrings I made a base with the cork pieces.  This proved to be quite a challenge as I did not have a caliper to measure the beads and had to eyeball the size and shape in order to have them stack evenly in the pyramid shape.

I then used the green bugle beads as well as green and pink seed beads.  I strung the hanging bead strands out of every other opening from the bugle beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails