Imagine3Girls Etsy Store

Friday, October 16, 2009

Recycle, Reuse, Recreate!


I went back to my hometown Missoula, MT July of 2009 and really became interested in jewelry and especially bracelets, that kind of struck my creative nerve as grungy/bohemian/shabby chic?????

I went to the Missoula Saturday Market as the People's Market located on Pine St.  I was looking around the booths and I found a bracelet made with recycled beads, silver textured beads, and gunmetal accent beads.  I can't find the woman's card, but when I do I will post it to give her credit.

In the mean time....the bracelet was made too short for my wrist and made with a plain lobster claw clasp.  I found some capping beads, some metal spacers, and a silver toggle clasp and re-strung the bracelet as my own design.  I left a couple beads from the original bracelet to make earrings. 
The recycled beads have very poorly shaped openings and cause the beads to shift back and forth. The end cap beads were a necessity to cover the rough look and to tighten up the ensemble so it would lay on my wrist in an attractive manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails